Community Foundation DeKalb County awards scholarships each year thanks to the generosity of donors who understand that education is important for a rewarding and successful life. Donors’ gifts help make post-high school education affordable for many students.
Click Here to learn about our donors and the people who inspired the scholarship awards.
All applicant information is kept confidential to protect your privacy.
Document Retention Of Scholarship Applications
- Scholarship applications for students who receive awards are filed electronically at the community foundation office and are retained for seven years after the scholarship is awarded.
- Electronic copies of application files for students who do not receive awards are retained for three years after the year of application.
- Paper copies of scholarship applications and score sheets completed by community foundation screening, selection, and interview committee members are returned to the foundation staff for destruction.
Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship provides full tuition, required fees and up to $900 per year for required books and equipment for four years of undergraduate study leading to a baccalaureate degree. The recipient must begin her/his college career as a full time student in the fall of 2018. S/he may attend any Indiana public or private college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Eligible students will meet all of the following criteria:
- Current resident of DeKalb County
- Graduate of a DeKalb County high school or Hamilton High School before the end of June 2018
- Top 10% of her/his high school class
- Involved in the community as a volunteer
Click on this Apply Now button to be directed to our scholarship program logon page. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
|Application Score Rubric||Essay Score Rubric||Interview Score Rubric|
|Financial Need Score Rubric||Application Summary Form|
Link to Indiana College Cost Estimator (http://www.indianacollegecosts.org/)
A resource for college bound students and their families to compare college costs among several different schools, complete with estimated aid packages, based on information you provide. This service is FREE.
Scholarships for Current and Non-Traditional* College Students
*You are a non-traditional college student if you are beginning, or began, your college career in a year other than the year you graduated from high school or if you are returning to college after a break in continuous enrollment.
DeKalb Community Scholarship
DeKalb County residents are eligible for the scholarship if they have obtained a GED or high school equivalency (HSE) diploma, or if they graduated from high school prior to 2017.
The scholarship is intended for a student pursuing a work skills certification or Associate’s Degree program. The student may be newly or currently enrolled in one of the programs. Also eligible are students returning to complete a program after a break in enrollment.
The recipient of this scholarship may choose any certificate program or 2-year degree from an accredited school. The DeKalb Community Scholarship becomes available for the Fall 2017 semester.
Applications should be submitted online or on paper to the Community Foundation of DeKalb County by August 1, 2017.